Scott L. Machanic
- DEPARTMENT: Litigation & Employment Law
- PHONE: 508 651-7524 x 201
- 781 237-7030 x 201
- E-MAIL: email@example.com
- EDUCATION: B.A. & B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1974
- J.D., Boston University, 1978
- Mr. Machanic has extensive experience in trial and appellate litigation. He has handled a wide range of business, bankruptcy, real estate, personal injury, insurance defense, coverage and subrogation litigation, along with probate litigation. He is certified as both a mediator and conciliator. For a number of years, he was on the panel of New England Dispute Resolution. He is the author of "Insurance Defense Counsel: Who Is the Client", 43 FICC Quarterly 45 (1992); "Insurance Coverage for Year 2000", 48 FICC Quarterly 273 (1998); and co-author of “The Intersection of Arbitration and Litigation,” FDCC Insights, March, 2016 available in PDF here.
- He is admitted to the bars of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He has been admitted pro hac vice in matters throughout the Northeast, including but not limited to state and federal courts in New York, New Jersey, Kentucky, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire.
- Affiliations: Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
Defense Research Institute
Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
- Personal interests: Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
travel; choral, jazz and pop music; skiing, bicycling